Saturday 13 February 2010

Making a start

Stream of consciousness..........

It is really good to be able to start this campaign. I am just an ordinary bloke, but I want to make a difference. I have sat in my arm chair moaning about the world situation for years, but have gradually realised that if I do not get up and do something, 'My Generation' will never make any real difference, and my little kids really are not going to have any chance.

I have been a Green Party member for I think about 5 years. I have attended a few meetings, I stood for the council in Mevagissey, and along with the gradual realisation that I really had to get off my bum, I said to the rest of the party we had to get someone to stand for our seat. As everyone (including me) looked at the floor I realised that, that had to be me, so with a gulp, I put my hand up and it has really gone from there.

So off we go. We have hardly any money, but there are about 10 of us with lots of enthusiasm to make the best of our skills, get ourselves known and hope we can enthuse the population of Truro and Falmouth to support the Greens.

We have contacted the media, we have a community radio interview lined up, we have taken part with the other candidates of the other parties in a hustings event in Falmouth. Though I felt rather panicky as I drove to the event-it went really well. I really enjoyed myself and managed to get our totally credible philosophy and policies across. So here we go. I have never stood in a major election before, and I have never blogged either. I hope you will follow our campaign, and give us all your support. Maybe the little people can win (well I am 6 ft 2), maybe without a party machine, very little money, and poor computer skills we can make a difference and make a dent in the political establishment. Well someone has got to do it, so let us say 'no' to fiddling MP'expenses, maintaining the status quo (with a few minor tweeks here and there), and try to work towards a fairer, greener world........

www.cornishgreenparty.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment